“It’s all about building bridges when it comes to education.”
Paramedical degrees can be started straight after class 10 or 12, require less time to complete than traditional medical programs like MBBS, and offer many job opportunities.
Paramedical courses are career-oriented medical training courses that allow students to create a career in the medical field in a short period and at a reasonable cost.
Following the paramedical program, provides a variety of work opportunities. There are graduation, postgraduate, diploma, and certificate programs available. The duration is from six months to three years. Paramedical education is at a variety of colleges and universities across the country.
An entry-level paramedical graduate can expect to earn INR 235,832 per year on average. Professionals with 1-4 years of experience earn an average of INR 270,000 per year, with earnings varying by specialization.
The paramedic sector is the medical and healthcare industry’s backbone. In India and other countries, qualified paramedics are always in demand. It’s a wise and successful professional choice.
Paramedics are required to work long, busy shifts, which may be rewarding but often challenging. Emergencies can strike at any time, so plan for them. You must be mentally ready for critical events that may occur throughout your career.
Eligibility for paramedical courses
The eligibility criteria for studying a program from the list of paramedical courses vary depending on the program and university you choose. Some of the eligibility criteria are:
- To pursue undergraduate paramedical courses, you must have completed upper secondary education, 12th grade with BiPC subjects from any recognized board with minimum marks set by the university.
- To apply for a master’s degree, you must have finished your bachelor’s degree in a science-related field.
- A master’s degree is compulsory for PhD-level courses. Work and research experience may be requested as well.
Online websites to learn paramedical courses
There are a variety of paramedical courses to choose from, including:
- Courses in Paramedicine with a Certificate
- Course in Paramedicine with a Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree in Paramedical Sciences
- Master’s Degrees
Certificates in Paramedical
- Certificate in Medical Laboratory Technology
- Certificate in Physiotherapy
- Certificate in ECG and CT Scan Technician
- Certificate in Dialysis Technician
- Certificate in Technician/ Lab Assistant
- Certificate in Home Based Health Care
- Certificate in Dental Assistant
- Certificate in Nursing Care Assistant
- Certificate in HIV and Family Education
Paramedics after 10th
After 10th grade, students interested in pursuing a career as a paramedic can enroll in a diploma and a certificate in paramedical courses. Some popular paramedics courses are:
- Diploma in Ayurvedic Nursing(1-year program)
- Diploma in Medical Record Technology(2 years program)
- Diploma in Nursing Care Assistant (1 – 2 years program)
- Diploma in X-Ray Technology(2 years program)
- MRI Technician (Certificate)(3 months to 1-year program)
- Certificate in Home Based Health Care(6 months to 2 years program)
- Diploma in Dialysis Techniques(2 years program)
- Diploma in Rural Health Care(1-year program)
- Home Health Aide (HHA)(4 months program)
Bachelors program in paramedics:
- BSc Radiology(3 years program)
- BSc in Audiology and Speech Therapy(3 years program)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy(3-5 years program)
- BSc Ophthalmic Technology (3 years program)
- Bachelor/BSc in OTT(Operation Theater Technology)(3-5 years program)
- B.Sc (Respiratory Therapy Technology)(3 years program)
- B.Sc in Dialysis Therapy(3 years program)
- BSc Nursing(4 years program)
- Diploma in Physiotherapy(2 years program)
Masters in Paramedics:
After earning a bachelor’s degree, you can pursue a master’s degree in any paramedical field. Following are the best paramedical courses following MBBS, BSc, BDS, BHMS, BPT, and other medical degrees:
- Master in Physiotherapy (MPT)(2 years program)
- MD in Anaesthesia (3 years program)
- Master in Physiotherapy – Sports Physiotherapy(2 years program)
- M.Sc. in Community Health Nursing(3 years program)
- MD in Pathology(3 years program)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Child Health(2 years program)
Paramedical entrance exams:
- AIIMS PG
- NEET PG
- AIIMS MSc
- ITM NEST
Top colleges in India for paramedics:
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj University (CSMU), Navi Mumbai
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- Swami Vivekanand Institute of Engineering & Technology (SVIET), Chandigarh
- Kasturba Medical College Manipal University, Manipal
- Christian Medical College, Ludhiana
Jobs in paramedical courses
- Radiotherapy Technologist
- Audiologist and Speech Therapist
- Occupational Therapist
- Medical Laboratory Technologists (MLT)