Preparing to launch a new website? Feeling stressed about whether it’s good enough to go online? Don’t worry, it’s not you but any web application development company, web, and mobile app development company as well as UI UX design company is well trained to go through this feeling multiple times. We admit the fact that when launching a new web project there are a staggering number of elements that could go wrong. This will eventually make it more critical for you to launch it. Websites are complex and launching them is like launching a satellite into space.
Publishing your website can be one of the most exciting and intimidating steps for your business. It’s the milestone that makes a strong foundation for your firm. So before setting it into motion there are a handful of things you need to look into.
What if you overlooked UX development, UX writing, and the development process overall?
What if you didn’t design it properly?
What if the redirects aren’t properly initiated?
What if you forgot to test the hyperlinks?
It’s 2020 already so instead of thinking about what-ifs, start working on what should be done!
Even when you go shopping you have a checklist of the things you need to buy then why not have a checklist for a website? To help you solve this puzzle of “Things to check before launching a website” we are here with a comprehensive checklist that will help you launch your website smoothly and get it to full functioning.
Instead of analyzing what can possibly screw up your web project, save yourself from a little grief, and go through the checklist, we have for you!!
As websites are the critical part, this list is going to be big but the most effective one. So get yourself a cup of tea before sitting and reading this.
There are 2 steps you need to look into
Before launch checklist
1.1. Content Presentation and Quality :
The first and foremost thing for any website is the content and UX development that is displayed on it. The content written on your website is the key to grab the audience. The content on your website should be the voice of the website, so make sure that you are making it as effective as possible because no one wants to read a text that’s machine wrote or which is full of errors.
Content also includes images that are displayed on your web page. They are powerful assets for your content so it’s your responsibility that they are properly placed because you will disappoint your audience if they aren’t inviting the eye.
Key Points you need to remember while checking your content
- Make sure there are no grammatical errors and spelling mistakes in your content.
- Ensure there are no duplicate content issues and avoid jargon.
- The content should be organized and check all the font sizes, bullet points, layout, short sentences, and
- Maintain a unique writing structure and grammar consistency.
- Check for all the punctuations and navigation – whether all links are working or not
- Make sure that there is a high contrast between text and background so that it’s easy to read.
- If your website has any legal information, its must that you have privacy statements, legal policies, contact page, and cookies jotted down
- Proofreading is MUST – we don’t want people to find that we copied someone’s content. So before finalizing the data make sure you proofread it.
1.2. Flawless Design
They say the first impression is the best impression. This impression of your website is the design of it. Web design acts as an important factor in how visitors perceive your website. The design plays a major role because customers care about it and research proves that.
It makes a difference in your conversion rate of the audience – whether they will be your customers or not. If you want your target audience to be impressed by your website then make sure you have a good user interface design.
So try not to take any chances – a single design failure of your website and Popoff! Your prospects will bounce off your website.
Key Points to make your website a Visual Delight
- Always have a FAVICON. This icon helps users to navigate to your site and ensure that you have credibility.
- RWD – Responsive web design is a must for all websites. It ensures optimal reading and viewing experience for a wide range of devices – resolution for different devices. It includes the color combination patterns, font sizes, resizing across a wide range of devices whether it be laptops, phones, tabs, etc
- Images should be compressed for the web and have the right file type.
- 404 error pages may sound cliche but it’s the defense mechanism for websites to show the response to broken links.
1.3. Website Functionality :
Website functionality encompasses the activities users can perform and dynamic actions for the user’s interactivity. For acing the game of functionality one needs to have a clear scope of what the website should incorporate.
Getting the functionality right and provide everything on your website may be crucial. So here are some pro tips about what needs to be included.
KEY Points to remember
- To create a good website one should include quality hyperlinks and interlinks throughout the website. For this, you can use key phrases and have a look at the best practice of linking.
- Make use of universal navigation menus – this will help you run your onsite search smoothly and accurately.
- Always have dropdowns and appropriate tabular structures on your website because they are attention-grabbing.
- Sign-up forms and downloadables will help you take one step closer to gaining good leads to your website
1.4. Accessibility :
For any web and mobile app development company as well as UI UX design company, accessibility is a practice that provides equal convenience to everyone regardless of their resources. For instance, if your website is compatible with only laptops, it will be troublesome for people without laptops to access it.
A prominent website design isn’t just about the design or the content, it should also be able to offer great User Experience (UX) development. This will happen if you follow these
- The first thing is compatibility. Do you know 52% of the traffic comes from mobile devices? If you don’t it’s high time, you check stats. For this reason, your website should be both mobile and computer friendly.
- Accessing different websites on different platforms(Google, Yahoo, Firefox) has always been a complaint. So to avoid this, make your website compatible with different browsers.
- Navigation and links are the major part so don’t forget to check them thoroughly.
- Images and videos should be formatted and arranged properly.
1.5. SEO and Analytics
In the initial stages, it is highly important to gain the audience. How is this possible? Well SEO is the solution for all your problems. With optimizing the content, design, and functionality you should also make sure that your search engine is also optimized. SEO is the key to putting you ahead in the competition.
It helps to improve your user experience along with the usability of your website design. The most prominent way of obtaining SEO is having eye-catching content because this will help you increase your chances of being the top website in search engines.
To achieve the best SEO goals you need to set up the following:
- Meta tags
- Header tags
- Image optimization
- Google search console and analytics
- Page speed
- Traffic monitoring
- Schema data
Have you launched your website yet? Well, I guess you did that’s the reason you are here. Do you think you can relax now and have a cup of coffee? Oh no! Sorry to burn down your relaxation period because there is a lot more you need to do.
If publishing your website is step 1 then having a bunch of other details you need to go through is step 2. Now don’t worry we got you covered, we are a web application development company that are very well familiar with this drill, so need not worry! Here are some of the most important and essential details you need to look into.
2.1. Check Your Live URL
This step includes checking whether everything on your website is just like you wanted or not. Double-check where all the features on the website are the same as you expected. They include the links – whether they are landing on the appropriate pages, content – the font, size and color, images – size and where they are placed, the 404 Error – is it serving what it is supposed to do and every button is doing what it is intended to do.
Make sure your website is secure for various users in every way. Take a piece of professional advice and make your website as secure as it can be because one possible breach in it will ruin your lifetime reputation.
2.3. SEO components
Have you submitted your website for SEO? If not we are worried about your visibility. To make your website not go in vain and to get a good success rate its must that you need to make sure you are following all the steps required for search engine optimization. If you want people to crawl your page easily then you must check out a dynamic XML site map – this is going to be the major source for speed discovery of your webpage.
2.4. Google Analytics
For people looking for how the audience is reacting to your websites and what needs to be improved google analytics is like a boon for them. This will be beneficial for your website because you can keep track of who is visiting your website and what they are doing.
2.5. Backup is the best policy
We know you have worked so hard to build this website, so you may not lose it all because of a silly mistake. So in order to store what all is done and what all is going on its important that you have a backup for your website. Play safe and create a backup which will be a bonus for your website.
2.6. Shoutout for your website!!
Now, this final step is all about marketing your website. Promote it everywhere you can. Make sure you have a
marketing plan. Promote it on social media platforms. Tell your friends and family about it, insist they share it with others – because you can take any risk and lose a user.
Are you done with all the steps on the checklist? Are you sure there aren’t any left? Double-check again. Any web application development company, web, and mobile app development company as well as UI UX design company goes through the same checklist to ensure the launch is smooth and free from errors.
Bravo!! You did it!! Your website is live now!! Each and every small tweak in the checklist will help your website reach the audience. Hoping that they will enjoy it, you can be at peace now!
We are a web application development company, web and mobile app development company as well as a UI UX design company that can take care of all your UX development, designing, and testing needs at check! Reach out to us to receive a free quote and start building right away!
“Plan! Develop! Market! Earn! Repeat!”