With Cyber attacks becoming the norm, organizations are working on the security concerns and undertaking regular vulnerability scanning and penetration testing to effectively identify vulnerabilities and ensure that Cyber controls are rapidly working. Recently, Penetration testing in the AWS cloud is creating a buzzword as firms are experiencing Amazon Web Services (AWS) breaches such as S3 Buckets.
Introduction to Penetration testing in AWS cloud
Penetration Testing: Pen Testing is a security exercise where experts exploit vulnerabilities in the network computing system. The purpose is to identify any weak spots in a system’s defenses!
AWS (Amazon Web Services): Its world’s broadly adopted cloud platform, offers 175 fully-featured services. It’s architected to be the most flexible and secure cloud computing in the digital age.
Several organizations have adopted the services from AWS, yet many business owners don’t understand the requirement of it. Either you’re a startup, medium entrepreneur, or successful giant, you require to implement a comprehensive security plan for your business.
The foremost reason is the shared responsibility model, where AWS explains the need for Penetration testing of apps, operating systems, and networks.
How are modern Penetration testers different from traditional
As we all know, organizations are wondering for proactive solutions to prevent their firm from severe attacks. Hence modern Pen testers identify the vulnerabilities and mitigate the risks. Modern ideology is expected to be dynamic and defines the procedure to fix specific security issues.
Skills our modern Pentesters intakes:
- Proficient with social engineering
- Manual and Automated testing
- The expertise of working on various platforms
- Structured work process
- Strong reporting skills
What is the importance of Penetration Testing
To maintain a healthy and secure ecosystem of an organization, it’s significant to have effective planning and professionals who can defend their firms against cybercrimes.
Let’s discuss some of the top trendy reasons:
- Evaluate an organization’s current status: The process of Penetration testing in the AWS cloud holds the imitated steps of cyberterrorists before they can reach any weaknesses of a firm.
- System/Network downtime: Research predicts that IT downtime’s average cost is $56000 per/min. Note that downtime is expensive and to hold them organizations need to understand Penetration testing in Amazon Web Services.
- Keep security strategies in compliance: The major security standards created the regulations such as HIPAA, PCI, GDPR, the employees regulatory should be well aware of such rules that come under Penetration Testing.
Advanced Penetration Testing: The Role of Certified Security Analyst
Hacking methodologies are becoming more sophisticated. Therefore, companies are wondering for advanced tools to prevent their applications and data. Forbes suggested that a ransomware attack hits an organization every 40 seconds and 72% of those attacks are successful. Moreover, these stats define the necessity of Cybersecurity.
A certified Penetration Tester can think and plan things beyond the norms of security via open source technologies, PCI DSS, and many more. The analytics consisted of seven phases that assist for every ecosystem.
The AWS is built for performance as it delivers the highest network accessibility of any cloud provider. If you want to enhance your brand’s credibility, then consider selecting the right platform!